Betty Jo's White World

This is America: Love it or leave it. Y'all got a problem with it? Then go have yer problems elsewheres.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Who put the yawl in Idol?


You heard the that their librual mockery of conservatives; we're just a bunch of rubes who couldn't possibly understand complecks geo-whoosits currants and progressive idears!

Furthermore, libruals say conservatives live in a crude black and white world, 'stead of colorized, with simple rights and wrongs, what really should be viewed in many shades of gray.

To brang that point to my attention, The Washington Post, the newspaper what thet uppity Helen Wheels swears is in the back pocket of the our Lord Lovin President Bush, takes a swipe at what they's decided to call a "hillbillies only" show"! Lissen up to these mofos:
For five years, the most wildly popular talent contest on American television has been dominated -- thoroughly, totally and completely -- by kids from Southern Hicksville, USA. Seven of the eight top-two finishers in the first four years were from states that once formed the Confederacy, and five of the seven remaining finalists this season are, too... But let's not get carried away. "Idol" is just a quirky television show, and while we'll consider cultural influence in just a moment, there's no reason to get into some sort of moonlight-and-magnolias, barefoot Suthun kids picking the git-tar down by the riverbank mythology."

I think American Idol is wonnerful 'cause it lets all the downhome hickfolk like Betty Jo here show they stuff. Thet's right: southern kids gots more talent then the uppity stinkpots what come from New York and Chicago and Lost Angeles.

I thank American Idol is a meta-whoosits for the American dream. If you work hard, apply your talent off at enough hootenannies and barn dances, and dedicate yourself to your fiddlin and stompin and yodellin, you can succeed in this here country. Apparently, the children of the south are still smart enough to figure that out and if they ain't, Betty Jo sure the hell is.

Now, lookit them younguns in the photo. They could be on American Idol next time yawl. Watch for them. They's my second cousin Nancy Jo and her man, Bubba Junior. Aint' they sweeet yawl? Nancy plays a mean mouth harp and no one around these parts can beat Bubba when it comes to stompin and yellin out rap lyrics. He can outcuss any rapper I ever heard tell of! Sometimes he give Nancy Jo a black eye in the middle of his performance but I think it's 'cause he just get carried away what with his artistic talents and all and that there expression he likes to do.

25 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that Helens just mad cause us southern folk ain't never been democrats.
And we were wearin mullets 15 years ago (and still are) but that umm... style still ain't caught on yet in the blue states. Guess we're just ahead of the times.
Is the groomed got a Pabst Blue Ribbon in his hand? That's class.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Betty Jo Goering said...

Hi Mister Buddha. That's right. Now yawl know how much talent can be found in the Red States. The Good Lord Above done blessed us southern folk with more talent than you can shake a stick at.I's just glad that it's gettin finally writ about in the papers!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Betty Jo Goering said...

TLM, I do believe that there is a Pabst. Now, my choice woulda been Budwiser. But then I'm sorta classy and Bubba is a tad more rougher around the edges, see. Plus he din't wanna pop fer the extra twenny cents per six pack. But you know how young uns are. His allowance prolly just din't cover them sorta luxuries.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Carrie Oakey said...

American Idol knows nothing about talent! I mean, they rejected me, and I've been graced by God with loads of talent, but apparently, I sang too much like a white girl to make it on there! So I'm asking all my fans to boycott that show!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Betty Jo Goering said...

Carrie, hon, I think you better put on a shirt when you're up in here 'cause otherwise the menfolk gone just drool on they keyboards and nothin gets said.

I'll boycott American Idol for ya, sweetie. It's a foriner English brit sort what runs it anyway. Ain't no Americans gettin rich off'n that show.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Richie McWhite said...

Is that dude marrying the dog and the fat chick?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Betty Jo Goering said...

Naw. He done got divorced from Sheila May (the dog) first. And thet cousin of mine (Nancy Jo) aint' fat, she just got a bun in the oven.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betty Jo you sweet little thing. Where have you been all my life? How bout you and me go to the Keg Room? Afterwards we can scoot on over to my double wide and stir up a little possum stew.
(BURP!)
Scuse me.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Betty Jo. It's Friday night now. Ain't you gonna answer me. Gotdammit. A man has needs you know. Shit.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Betty Jo Goering said...

Oh sorry Jimbo. I got lazy today and fergot to check up on my messages. Yawl come by and I'll serve you up some possum stew like you never tasted. Brang that keg also 'cause my sister Edna Jo like beer like no ones bidness, probly drink the entire thang.

But I ain't kissin on the first date yawl. Just know that about me, OK?

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Greco-Roman said...

Here ya are. I saw you at Carries so I had to get my profile out to post up in there. I'll be down with a keg for Edna. And I don't like no kissin on the first date neither. But we can play some nekkid leapfrog w/o the leapin

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a handsome couple. But I think that boy would look even smarter if he had a goatee and maybe a cowboy hat.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. I agrees wit Esp... I mean Estella. Some cheap ol sunglasses with some hair coverin one of the lenses would make him look real smart now.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Esp... I mean Estella and PWS. But Nancy Jo woult look real smort if she wore a mullet like me. And she don't look fat at all. As a matter a fact she could put another hunert pounds on her ass and she't still be skinny.
Like me.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i fergot ta put up my homepage last time dag nabbit

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no i guess i didn't ferget it. so i'll leave it off this time to make up for it. see, i tolt ya i was smart

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookit my purdy lil hat y'all. Now I jist needs ta git a mullet

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm pretty gotdammit

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like hillbilly girls

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site just keeps getting stranger. I believe somebody was trying to use the following photo as their home page. It won't link so you have to paste it in your browser. Dumb ass. Its a cross between Espella and BWH. Funny as hell.

http://chronicmagazine.com/uploaded_images/1120182688_eve.white_cowboy_hat_00_int.jpg

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://chronicmagazine.com/public.php?page_id=728&level=1

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.sugarbushsquirrel.com/image/9525329_scaled_184x191.jpg

this ones funny too

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.sugarbushsquirrel.com/image/9525329_scaled_184x191.jpg

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Betty Jo Goering said...

Aw anonymous, thanks for all them links. That lil squirrel wearing a white hat like Big White Hat sure was cute. Why you thinkin my site is strange? I'm so conservitive that surprises me some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home